Image Map

Monday, March 19, 2012

{Craft Contest} | With Mindy Mae's Market

It's finally time! I've been so excited to launch this contest that I almost can't stand it! I am teaming up with Mindy Mae's Market to bring together the first contest I've ever hosted! The winner will get a gift certificate to Mindy Mae's worth $50. All you need to do is come up with an original craft/project using at least one item from Mindy Mae's and share it here! Then, together with the girls at Mindy Mae's and our special guest judges Adrianne from Happy Hour Projects and Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama, we will select a winner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rules:
1. Your craft/project MUST use an item from Mindy Mae's Market.
2. You can enter as many times as you'd like as long as you are entering different crafts/projects.
3. Link  your craft to the link party here.
4. After the submission deadline (April 7th) be sure to check out the other entries and vote for your favorite! We will take the three entries with the most votes and select a winner.
5. The contest will close on April 7th and voting will last for a few days after.
6. Finally, I've never been a fan of *requiring* people to follow. BUT, if you like our blogs, we would be delighted to have you follow along! Plus, it's an easy way to keep tabs on the contest.

More details...
{Linking up} Click on the link at the bottom of this post to add your submission. If you have your own blog, feel free to link it back to that. If not, you can just upload a photo and your name. Be sure to include your email so that we know how to reach you! I *PROMISE* I will not use your email for anything other than contest related things!

{Voting} Here's how it works. Submit your craft (as many different ones as you'd like) then once the period for submission is closed on April 7th, we will open up for voting for a few days. During that time, anyone can vote for their favorite projects. Once voting is closed, we will take the top three and select a winner. When we select a winner, we will be rating each of the three projects on the following criteria:
  • Have we seen it before? (originality)
  • Is it a super cool idea? (creativity)
  • Did you take care of the 'lil' guys? (detail work)
  • Is it fun to look at? (overall appearance)
  • Would we put it in our homes? ('appealingness')
The scale for rating will include the ranges of good (1), great (2), super (3), and fantastic (4). The project with the highest total wins! So keep these criteria in mind as you create!

{Buying from Mindy Mae's}There are several ways to do this! The first is obvious, visit their site. The second is to follow them on facebook. Almost daily, they have fun games that make it easy to find a GREAT deal on things that may not be listed on their site. Simply be the first to say "I'll take it!" during the "I'll take it" games and it's yours for the listed price.

So grab a button and get to crafting!





Quesitons, feel free to email me at embracingmessy@gmail.com. I can't wait to see what you all create! And a HUGE thank you to the ladies over at Mindy Mae's Market for teaming up with me and Adrianne and Lindsay for guest judging!


3 comments:

  1. I love the knobby necklace... what a great idea and such a unique statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I didn't mean to enter myself 4 times! The Linky thing was working funny. I'm so sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a, mot sure how to do the link part.. I do have an entry here it is the link to it please let me know what Do I need to do?

    Thank you
    Analia
    http://cutebabyboutique.blogspot.com/2012/02/hi-i-am-so-excited-to-finally-be-able.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!