Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

{Guest Post} | Morena's Corner: Almost Free Watering Pails


Over the next couple weeks I'm going to be having some guest posts while I'm busy packing, moving, unpacking, and finally taking a little road trip with my sister and friend! So rather than totally neglecting my blog, I'm having some of my favorite ladies share their wonderful blogs and tutorials with you! First up is Morena!


Hello!  My name is Morena Hockley and I am thrilled to be sharing a project with you today!  I blog at Morena's Corner, where I share tutorials for items I have created.  I am a mom to four awesome kids, and since time and resources are tight, most of my tutorials are for projects that are quick and thrifty.  I make a lot of different things, but I really enjoy decorative home items, like my DIY blue mercury glass




I hope you'll drop by Morena's Corner to see what else I have to share!

Today I am excited to show you how to make these

"Almost Free Watering Pails"!

This quick project allows you to recycle, tend to your plants, and craft...win, win, win!




You will need a plastic container that has a screw on cap, and a handle.  I used a recycled tea container and two apple juice containers.  
Then, spray paint them.  I didn't remove the labels from mine since my colors were darker and covered them.  If you were going with a light color you might want to take the labels off.



We used a drill to make multiple holes in the screwed on lid.  My oldest had fun helping with this step! Also, drill one hole at the top of the handle.  This is very important!


Finally, I cut vinyl using my Silhouette, and adhered the letters and images to each container.







My kids love that they each have their own watering can to use in our family's keyhole garden.  And if they forget them in the yard and the dog chews them up (like he did to my other watering pail!) I won't be too upset, because I can just go through the recycling bin and make another one!




Thank you so much for letting me visit!  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that you'll visit me at my crafting corner!

7 comments:

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!