Image Map

Thursday, December 6, 2012

25 Days of Handmade Christmas: Day 9 Candy Cane Holders

Hi Embracing Messy Readers!
I am thrilled to be guest posting here today.
My name is Dee and my blog home is The CSI Project!
My mission is to encourage you to Create.Share.Inspire so every week we do just that on the blog. Each week is a new challenge from crafting, to DIY, to cooking and even photography. Come by everyday for a great tutorial and then you can link up and take part in the challenge. Who knows you may take home the top pick or be in the Top 10!
I love this time of year. From decorating my home, to baking and Christmas parties, I love it all! Mr. CSI(my husband), tells me that I should have been an elf because I live for holidays and traditions. Maybe so but I think it makes life fun and creates memories. I am all about creating memories.
This year we are having our annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party and of course, I always love to decorate for it. This year, I decided I needed food labels for the dessert table. I was inspired by candy canes.
I bought the small candy canes. The ones that Santa hands out. These are easy to use but you can certainly take big ones and break them.
First, take 2 candy canes and hot glue together. Put the hot glue on the side and press together.
Now, you need a 3rd one to stand it up. Glue on the 3rd in the back.
Now, put your food labels, place cards or even a picture. I am thinking I am going to make some to display past years photos.
We hope you have a very festive and fun Christmas season. I hope it is full of memory making as you countdown the days to Christmas. From our CSI Family to yours............We wish you a very Merry, crafty and sparkly Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!