Image Map

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ghoulish Jars

Work has been so busy that I'm actually taking work home with me, leaving little time for crafting. However, I've been working on a simple project that I've been dying to share with you all. It's fun, easy, and quite appropriate for the month of October. I saw pictures of these on Pinterest (yes, I'm addicted!) and thought that I'd give it a try. The link was bad for the picture I found, so if someone knows the original poster, please let me know! I want to give credit for whoever came up with this fabulous idea. The results were even better than I could have imagined!



What you'll need:
Empty Glass Jars
Modge Podge
Tissue Paper (White, Green, Orange, Black or any other halloween-esq color)
A paint brush
Scissors
Tea-light candles OR white christmas lights.. or no light at all if you prefer

Step 1: Cut some strips/pieces of tissue paper to cover the jar with.


Step 2: Brush some modge podge onto the jar and lay a strip or piece of tissue paper onto the jar. Brush some modge podge over top of the strip/piece. While doing this, be careful not to hold the brushed on tissue too long in one place. The tissue will stick to your fingers and rip.





Step 3: Continue this until the entire jar is covered. Be careful not to put too many layers on (depending on the thickness of your tissue paper) because the light won't show through if it's too thick.



Step 4: Sit jar on top of something so that the bottom doesn't stick while drying.

Step 5: Find some black paper (I found an ad in a magazine with black background) and cut pieces for a face and use modge podge to attach.

Add a tea light and you're finished!


2 comments:

  1. very cute. Looks easy enough for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I've been looking for a Halloween decorating idea using supplies I already have and this fits the bill. Thanks for sharing.
    Jessica
    Www.healthyhoustonkids.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!