Image Map

Thursday, December 22, 2011

25 Days of Handmade Christmas: Day 22

Only three more days! Can you believe it? Hopefully you all have your presents and if you have some wrapping left to do, this is a great tutorial for wrapping up those gift cards! Enjoy!

Hello Embracing Messy Readers! I'm Sharon from Elizabeth & Co. and I'm excited to be here with you today. My favorite projects are furniture transformations. You can usually find me in my garage with paint in my hair! But I also enjoy craft days with my daughter Megan. Today I'm sharing one of our holiday favorites.


Are you giving gift cards this holiday season? Well here is a quick, easy and thrifty way to make them extra special! Megan loves working with felt and she came up with this cute idea for a gift card envelope.


Simply cut a piece of felt about 1" wider than a gift card and about three times longer. You basically want to be able to fold up the bottom third and fold down the top third to create your envelope.


I found it easier to sew on the button before closing the sides. We used jingle bells, but a regular button would be cute too. After you close the sides, then cut a slit in the top third to match up with your button.


I stitched up the sides on the sewing machine, but you could easily stitch by hand. And I'm thinking that a little hot glue or craft glue would work too.

And there you have it. I told you it was quick and easy. What a cute way to give a gift card!


We glued a few felt leaves on the outside just for fun. Once you have the basic idea, the possibilities for being creative here are endless. And you can use this idea all year round!

Megan & I are having the best time being crafty this holiday season!
And this project was quick, easy, thrifty and very cute!

Thanks so much to Kelsey for inviting me over today to share.
I hope you have a chance to stop by Elizabeth & Co. and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!