Image Map

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

25 Days of Handmade Christmas: Day 6

I just recently found Meg's blog, Revamp Homegoods and knew that I had to ask her to share her gift tags with you all. Sometimes I tend to get so caught up in doing the most creative thing I can think of that I don't consider simple, quick projects. I'm a big fan of gift tags (they're my favorite part of wrapping presents), so these are perfect! They're simple, inexpensive, and unique. For now, I'll turn it over to Meg!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there!

Meg, here, @ Revamp Homegoods.  I'm a budget-minded crafter, cook and DIY-er.  I love transforming a piece from trash to treasure or creating a copycat version of a trendy decor piece for a lot less money.  I hope you can stop by for a visit and see what I'm up to.


I'm so excited to be guest posting today at Embracing Messy.  Thanks Kelsey for hosting 25 Days of Handmade Christmas.  The projects I've seen so far are amazing!  Now, on to my handmade Christmas project...
Here's a quick & easy guide to making some handmade gift tags.  Super easy, cute, and just a little something special to personalize your gifts.

Let's start with the supplies:

  • Pre-cut paper tags ($2.99 for 25 tags in various sizes)
  • Sharpie
  • Paint (or markers)
  • Gift wrap
Step 1:  Draw onto the blank tags (even if you think you're not very artistic.  Hello, penguin below.)

Step 2:  Paint or color in between the lines.

Step 3:  Cut out gift wrap (use tag as template) and glue to back of tag.



Step 4:  Attach to gift.



And there you have it, super easy and cute to boot!  Thanks for checking out my project and I'll hope you'll stop by and visit me at Revamp Homegoods, or better yet, become a follower!


Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring this project! I'm so excited to be a part of 25 Days of Handmade Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!