ALIVE List: What is ALIVE?
ALIVE is more than your typical “Bucket List.” It adopts the life to-do list concept, but takes a different perspective. Rather than counting down and checking off items until you meet your ultimate demise, it’s about celebrating the fact that you’re ALIVE and accomplishing those experiences. It’s about creating and maintaining a list, accomplishing experiences, and documenting. The documenting part is key in celebrating and remembering all of your experiences!
Have I grabbed your attention yet? Want to participate? It’s easy! I’ve created a few tools to help get you started and navigate the process.
ALIVE List: Documenting and Sharing Your List (Coming Soon!)
Most of all, I want you to share your experiences! I would LOVE guest posts from ALIVE participants that document an experience being checked off. Maybe you want to devote an entire blog to ALIVE, that’s great too! Every Monday I will be sharing a list from ALIVE participants. I’ll also share my own list, accomplishments, and any resources I can provide to help you along the way.
There are A LOT of big plans in the works for ALIVE including e-courses, e-books, and maybe eventually products. First, though, I'm looking for some other bloggers that will help pilot the whole deal. Interested? Shoot me an email and ask about ALIVE. I will send you the details and we can go from there, OR sign-up below!
In the meantime, here is my very own ALIVE List.
My list is broken down by categories. It helps me keep my goals in perspective. Bold items are in progress. I'll also try to link up any posts to the corresponding experiences.
1. Volunteer 5,000 hours in my lifetime
2. Pay for a stranger's meal in a drive-thru
3. Make a difference in someone's life
4. Help build a home with Habitat for Humanity
Personal & Professional
1. Find the job of my dreams
4. Learn to speak another language
5. Learn to play guitar
6. Get married
7. Adopt a child
8. Read the Bible cover-to-cover
9. Fall in love...forever
11. Make a memory jar and review on New Years Eve
12. Make a quilt
13. Try something new at least once a month
5. All 50 U.S. States
7. Four Corners Monument
8. Niagara Falls
10. Travel on Route 66
11. Grand Canyon
14. Memphis, TN
17. Go on a cruise
18. Have a campfire on the beach
19. Stay at a B&B
20. Redwood National Forrest
23. New Zealand
24. Attend a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in CO
1. Swim with dolphins
2. Ride on a Ferris wheel
5. Play in a gigantic fountain like the one in Austin, TX
6. Have a paint fight
7. Own a jeep
11. Solve a Rubik's cube by myself
12. Toilet paper someone's house
13. Pull an all-nighter
14. Go skinny dipping
15. Watch fireworks from a rooftop
17. Learn to juggle
18. Tailgate a Jimmy Buffett concert
19. Sit at the runways at the airport and watch planes take off
1. Go to a Packer's game at Leambeau Field
2. Go to a Superbowl
3. Go to Opening Day for Reds Baseball
4. Go to a game at Fenway Park
3. 50 West (Cincinnati, OH)
8. Learn to make sushi