Image Map

Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Handmade Christmas: Day 6

Hello friends & Embracing Messy readers!
I'm so excited to be here as part of the 25 Days of Handmade Christmas.
Thanks Kelsey for having me on your blog today!



I'm Lindsay, the blogger behind Artsy-Fartsy Mama. I'm a graphic designer and a stay-at-home mom to a very independent daughter. On my blog you can find tutorials for all kinds of crafty things, recipes and more. I love finding ways to be creative while saving money. I also have an "Artsy Corner" link party every Thursday, so come share your awesomeness!

Enough about me, let's get to some Christmas craftiness!!

Today I'm going to show you how I made this peppermint-y Christmas plate! I love everything sparkly and glittery, so this fits in with my decor perfectly. It's a lot easier than you think!


It's simple, but I love it!! The sparkly & reflective vinyl are awesome!

Supplies:
15" Wood Plate
Green Glitter Vinyl
Silver Vinyl

I loved the color and distressing the wooden plate already had, so I left it as-is.

I cut the pieces of vinyl with the Silhouette to make a peppermint spiral.
If you don't have a vinyl cutter, no problem! You could easily draw and hand-cut the design.

First, I applied the green glitter vinyl and smoothed out with a vinyl scraper.
I added the smaller silver vinyl pieces next and made sure they were all spaced evenly. The vinyl was easy to work with and I liked how I could adjust the vinyl pieces without a problem. {Because let's face it - I never do things right the first time!!}

However, I didn't really like how the pieces went up on the plate around the edge...
So, I took an Xacto knife to them all. Problem solved!

That's it! I love it, hope you do, too!

Would love for you guys to stop by Artsy-Fartsy Mama & say hello! I love meeting new bloggy-friends!
Thanks again, Kelsey, for having me visit today!

1 comment:

  1. I love fast and simple ideas such as this. I have pinned and tweeted this post. Now I have to go back and see what I have missed having never been here before! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!