Image Map

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

25 Days of Handmade Christmas: Day 14

How amazing have all of the guest posts been over the last 14 days??! I am in love with each of them and I'll most likely be doing Christmas crafts well after Christmas has come and gone. Thank you so much to all of the lovely ladies who have participated so far!

Today I'm going to share one of my own tutorials. There has been a crazy with the clear glass ornaments this Christmas, and I am guilty of buying more than I could ever need. There really doesn't need to be a step-by-step for stuffing ornaments with different items, but I wanted to share the different ideas for the ornaments that I've made (the first two) as well as some others I've found (mostly on Pinterest).

Acrylic Paint

Photobucket

A few recomendations for this idea.
1. It requires patience. Whether you're swirling, shaking, or tilting your ornament to get the desired effect, it's going to take some time.
2. You can't mix too much or you will get an ugly brown color, and we found that Basics brand acrylics work best. They are a little runnier than others, which works well for this.
3. It will take a lot of time for these to dry. Sit over an old egg carton and let excess paint run out overnight.

Ribbon

Photobucket

Glitter


Did you all read the Glitter Snowman tutorial from Artsy Fartsy Mama on Day 5? Well this is very similar! A full tutorial can be found at Greenbean's Crafterole.

Paper Stars
This idea is insanely cute! It has to be extremely time consuming, as TheCraftySisters made each star by hand! They have a tutorial here.

Christmas ornament full of lucky stars.

Other Ideas


 Here are several cute ideas from Country Living. They give suggestions on placing the items in the ornament.

So there you have it. The possibilities for these ornaments are really endless. I know I've only highlighted a few here. I'd love to see some of your ideas! Feel free to share any you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and take time to read every single one of them! Make sure you're not a no-reply so that I can respond to you. Thanks so much!